Not all women want “beauty pageant” hair but just great looking curls and trendy waves that are casual and natural enough for school, work or a date. If you’re one of these women and you don’t have the time to style your hair, this curling iron might just be what you need. The Conair Instant Heat can give you professional salon-looking curls or waves at a fraction of the cost.
When it comes to hair styling instant gratification is what all women want and need. That’s why a hair styling tool like the Conair Curling Iron is a godsend. At its price (which is very affordable by the way), this hair styling tool saves the day when your hair needs touching up right before an important event, when you want to create a “new you” or when you simply want hair that looks like it was professionally-styled minus the expensive salon fees.
Unlike its bigger siblings, the Conair 1 Inch Curling Iron is just the right size for packing in an overnight bag for a spur-of-the-moment getaway, a weekend in the country where there could be a big chance of some evening dance or stashing away in your workplace drawer or locker in case you went on overtime and need to be in a meeting that morning. Simply put, this particular Conair model is hassle-free to use. Not to mention it comes with numerous features.
Features of the New Conair Curling Iron
- Affordable price
- Comes with 15 temperature settings
- Dual voltages of standard 125 volts used in North America or 250 volts for operation in foreign countries.
- Quickly heats up (60 seconds)
- Patented grip handle design for precision handling and greater control
- Easy-to-used touchpad for electronic on and off switches
- Automatic shut off mechanism
- Flashing light indicates when to start styling the hair
- Comes with a limited, two-year warranty
- With cool tip
- Built-in heat recovery
- On and off controls for Turbo heat boost
- With tangle-free power swivel cord
- Compact size of one inch
- Comes with a safety stand
- Can be used for all hair types including thick, coarse, thin, and even color-treated hair
- Temperature changes can be made even while curling hair
- Maximum temperature is 390°F
- Easy to clean with a slightly damp cloth
- No batteries needed
- Barrel is only an inch thick
Pros and Cons of the Conair Instant Heat
- It’s very affordable.
- It comes with a wide range of choices for heat settings.
- It quickly heats up which means less time spent curling hair.
- The settings are controllable for those who need curling heat that is in between very hot and minimal temperatures.
- It can smoothen hair frizz.
- It’s lightweight.
- It creates shine for hair.
- It’s durable.
- It’s easy to use.
- The clamp is tight and able to hold wide sections of hair.
- The handle has ribbed design for better grip control.
- Its automatic shut off mechanism means no worries regarding electrical issues.
- The heat temperature will not burn hair or give off any “frying” hair scent.
- Holding the product at several angles is easy because of its cool tip.
- The cord is not very long.
- Adjustment for heat is located on the handle part that has to be held.
- Curls do not hold up as well as expected.
- The use of other hair products is necessary so curls will hold up longer.
What Customers Say About this Product
Out of 376 customer reviews, 236 wrote of their satisfaction with the Conair Instant Heat 1 inch Curling Iron. The pros for customers far outweighed the cons for this particular Conair model. Notwithstanding its very affordable price, this product’s voltage versatility has been noted by consumers, especially those who are from foreign locations such as Brazil. Another “pro” for this Conair model is the way it makes frizzy hair smooth and shiny.
Asian customers who purchased this product wrote about its capability to hold different Asian hair types from extremely thin or fine hair to coarse and thick hair. Customers were satisfied with this product’s wide range of 15 temperature settings, its automatic shut off mechanism as a safety precaution, and the quick heat up feature that saves time in styling the hair everyday. While some customers wrote that the main “con” of the curls not holding up as long as expected was a turn-off for them, the majority of customers found this negligible.
Should You Buy This Product?
Buying the Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron based solely on customer reviews may not be a wise decision. As in all products, some may work for others while some may not. This is the same thing for curling irons and other hairstyling tools.
At the end of the day, the decision on whether or not to purchase this Conair product will really depend on your hair type and other factors such as constant traveling on your part or the need to have curls or waves in a jiffy for public appearances; in which case this particular Conair model will be suitable for you.
If you don’t mind spending time touching up your curls since this Conair model heats up quickly enough, then go ahead and buy it. If, on the other hand, this quick heat up feature is something that you think is less of a value than having a hair styling tool which doesn’t heat up as quickly but creates longer-lasting curls, take a look at other Conair hair styling tools or products which may be more suitable.
While that’s a downside you may want to consider if you need your hair to be presentable for an entire day, consider the amount of cash you have to pay upfront as well. The two-year warranty is also a factor to consider if you plan to maximize the product’s daily use. For its price, the Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron may be the most inexpensive option among the line of Conair curling irons available on the market today. It’s definitely worthy of consideration.