The most common complaint of women when it comes to hair is the static that cause “flyaways” and frizz. Most flat irons will straighten these hair issues but with accompanying damage to hair and, often, the scalp. Fortunately, one particular product, Paul Mitchell Protools Express Ion Smooth Iron, promises to keep your hair healthy and strong even with regular ironing.
Different textures and types of hair can be difficult to style but wavy hair can be especially unmanageable and problematic. The Paul Mitchell flat iron is capable of smoothing hair from inside out to keep it free from frizz yet still stay hydrated.
Paul Mitchell has been in the hair products and hairstyling business since 1980 and around 100,000 Paul Mitchell flat irons are sold in the U.S. The popularity of Paul Mitchell hair styling tools is the professional result you get with them.
Owning a Paul Mitchell pro tools flat iron lessens the frequency of going to a hair salon to get your hair done, a true money saver whatever your lifestyle is. Read on to know why the product has remained popular for over 30 years.
- Made from ceramic and silicone blend.
- The Paul Mitchell express ion smooth flat iron has negative ions that have been super-charged specifically to break up and help water molecules to penetrate the hair shaft to restore moisture and lock it in before sealing the hair’s cuticles.
- Heats up at a fast rate to 400°F in a matter of 60 seconds.
- Has the patented Express Ion Complex™ infused on its plates to help smooth hair inside out at a faster rate.
- The Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth flat iron plates are made with volcanic minerals that deliver far infrared-type heat and negative ions with conditioning properties.
- The Paul Mitchell Protools Express Ion Smooth Iron 1.25 ceramic plates measure 1.25 inches, which are a perfect width for hair strands.
- Solid ceramic plates are cushioned as well for added hair strand protection when styling is done close to the scalp.
- Comes with a warranty.
- Adjustable temperature settings.
- Energy efficient due to its low wattage of 75 watts.
- Has a cord length of nine feet for convenient flexibility.
- Cord is swivel type.
- Even and uniform heating across its solid ceramic plates eliminate cold spots.
Pros and Cons
- Straightens hair without the “burning” smell.
- Smoothens hair without reducing the volume of hair strands.
- Extra long cord provides manageability of use.
- Heats up super fast.
- Does not “fry” or burn hair.
- This Paul Mitchell straightener model gives the same great results for all hair types: thin, curly, coarse, kinky, frizzy, thick, straight, etc. because of its different heating tiers.
- Hair can be styled faster because of the silicone in the Express Ion Complex™ infused in the flat iron ceramic plates.
- The negative ions are super charged to specifically control static in the hair which can cause “flyaway” strands.
- The slimness of the ceramic plates allows hair close to the scalp to be straightened without burning it.
- Good investment for a hair styling tool.
- Keeps hair hydrated, completely free from frizz, and conditioned because of the restored moisture it brings about in sealing hair cuticles.
- Reasonably priced.
- With beveled edges to ensure that hair doesn’t snag.
- The only con that the product has is a void warranty if it’s purchased from an unauthorized store or salon. Paul Mitchell guarantees the quality of their products only if these are purchased at officially-recognized Paul Mitchell salons and stores.
What Customers Say About the Product
Based on roughly a hundred Paul Mitchell flat iron reviews, 74 customers gave the product a full 5-star Amazon rating. The preference for this Paul Mitchell model is overwhelming and the number of customers satisfied with its performance is certainly growing larger. The majority of consumers who purchased the Paul Mitchell Protools Express Ion Smooth Iron straightener have no reported complaints about the product.
Customers who have had their hair colored are particularly satisfied with the way their hair colors have stayed on much longer because of the product’s moisture-sealing capability. Customers with unmanageable hair have given high ratings for the product due to its excellent performance regardless of climate or weather. The fact that this product can yield hair results as locks that are silky smooth, head-turning gorgeous curls or pencil straight strands is also another reason why customers have given it the highest ratings.
Should You Buy this Product?
Yes, you should if you:
- Have a budget to consider. This Paul Mitchell flat iron is easy on the pocket.
- Have naturally unruly hair, which can be straightened without any problem using this flat iron.
- Don’t want to spend more than 15 minutes when styling your hair.
- Want hair that looks professionally done by a salon but without the accompanying cost.
- Have had your hair colored and want the color to stay longer.
- Hate frizz in your hair.
- Don’t want to wait more than a minute for a flat iron to get hot and start working immediately.
- Want to change your hairstyle often from straight to curly frequently.
- Want your hair to look shiny and feel healthy.
- Move around when styling your hair and get irritated with a short flat iron’s cord.
- Want silky, well-conditioned, and smooth hair each time it needs to be styled.
- Have been traumatized by scalp burns because your other flat iron came too close to your scalp.
There are obviously several cheaper brands out there available on the market but based on usability, customer ratings, and features, Paul Mitchell is the flat iron to own. It’s not as cheap as others but it’s also not going to cost you an arm and leg.