A bad habit that many women have is blow drying their hair and then styling it with heat immediately, resulting in split ends and unending bouts with frizzy and unmanageable hair. Our review of the Remington brand of flat iron tells you how it does the job of drying and styling wet hair at the same time without doing damage to it.
If you’re one of the skeptics, or even critics, of any flat iron that claims it can dry and straighten hair simultaneously, you’re definitely not alone. That this flat iron also happens to be affordable may sound unbelievable already but it isn’t, because we’re talking about the Remington S7210 Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron, a hair salon quality flat iron that’s available to consumers of all hair types.
When you’re in a hurry but want a smooth, sleek finish to your hair, drying your mane after a shower is standard operating procedure for you but such a task can leave your hair dry and brittle. The newest innovation Remington Wet 2 Straight hair straightener now has soy hydra conditioner-infused ceramic plates that can transfer nutrients to your hair without any oily residue.
Can’t Wait for the Remington S7230 Wet 2 Straight? Click HERE to get GUARANTEED fast delivery at Amazon!
Remington Wet 2 Straight Product Features
The Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron has unique vents on top of it which remove water from damp hair using its “Steam Hydration Therapy” that allows drying and straightening simultaneously without damage to hair. You don’t want to purchase a flat iron only to regret having done so after using it only for a few times.
If you’re thinking of buying a flat iron, consider the Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron; not only will it save you the time of blow drying your hair before styling or straightening it, it can also provide moisture and nourishment for your hair from the soy hydra complex infusion in its ceramic plates.
Buying the right kind of flat iron may be a difficult choice to make when there is a plethora of brands to choose from. Based on reliability, price, and performance, the Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron has the thumbs up from satisfied customers.
Here are some of its features:
- Has 2”-inch soy hydra complex-infused ceramic plates that nourishes hair during straightening or styling hair.
- Has an automatic shut off of 60 minutes.
- With a wide range of 30 settings for the kind of heat desired.
- Immediate heat can be obtained in 30 seconds after turning it on.
- With a set of unique vents that steam dries hair.
- The Remington flat iron comes with a two-year warranty.
- Has two indicator lights for dry or wet hair styling: green for wet hair and amber for dry hair.
- With up to 425°F professional setting for high heat.
- Has touch pad controls for convenience.
- With an LCD digital display.
- This Remington straightener flat iron has triple Teflon® coating to prevent hair from statically sticking to the flat iron plates.
- With dual heaters for uniform and even heat.
- Has dual voltage accessibility for use during travel.
- Ergonomically designed for better grip and control.
Pros and Cons
- Unlike other flat irons, no additional product needs to be applied on hair after use since it brings out the hair’s natural shine.
- This Remington hair straightener product has soy hydra complex-infused ceramic plates that help nourish hair while they dry and style hair.
- Does an excellent job of keeping frizzy hair straight.
- Has a heating capacity of 425°F.
- Requires no batteries.
- The soy hydra complex doesn’t leave any oily residue on the hair.
- Has a 60-minute automatic turn off mechanism.
- Heat up time is 30 seconds after turning it on.
- Even and uniform distribution of heat through its unique vent system.
- With easier dial control for heat settings.
- Can be gift-wrapped.
- Will not “fry” or burn hair while drying and/or styling it.
- The thickness of the ceramic plates coats the base plate adequately to ensure quality heating while in use.
- Ergonomically and aesthetically designed.
- Power cord is several feet shorter than other flat irons.
- The direct heat may not be suitable for thin hair.
What Customers Say About the Product
More than half of the 348 Remington flat iron reviews from customers indicated overall satisfaction from the product. Its vent system is a unique feature for most customers which they find reliable to use on damp hair. Several customer reviews said that this product has replaced their regular blow dryers since it does the dual job of drying and styling.
According to several of their reviews, some customers found the Remington flat iron “most effective” after hair has been partially towel dried after which the setting can be changed back to “dry” to straighten and style the hair. Some customers found the handle can get hot when the higher settings of heat are used but it’s more of an annoyance issue than a usage issue.
Should You Buy this Product?
Should you buy the Remington S7210 Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron? Considering that there are more satisfactory than unsatisfactory customer reviews, then, yes, you should. The fast rate of heat of this particular Remington hair straightener model eliminates the need to use additional heat of a blow dryer which can damage hair.
Remember that old adage about getting what you pay for? Price does matter when it comes to flat irons. Just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean it won’t work and just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it will. The value-for-your-money Remington straightener is priced reasonably for the satisfactory performance it does every time it’s used; you can’t ask for more than that in any flat iron.