Hair dryers have always been blamed for over-drying hair and there is some truth to that. The heat which comes from a hair dryer can often be extreme which causes water under your hair’s outermost layer, known as cuticles, to create bubbles that stress hair and subsequently cause it to break. With the T3 Featherweight luxe 2i, however, drying your hair doesn’t equate with damaging it.
Unlike hair dryers in the past, the T3 Featherweight 2 is enhanced with an ion generator to dry hair quickly in less time so there’s no excessive heat applied to it which can damage not only hair strands but hair follicles as well. The T3 dries hair but doesn’t dry it out and cause it to break. When you use a hair dryer often, you should be using one which has excellent quality like the T3.
This T3 hair dryer uses tourmaline, the gemstone known as “the electric stone,” because it emits healthy infrared heat and negative ions that speed up the rate at which hair dries. It does this by breaking down water droplets into small molecules that can retain moisture to keep the hair roots hydrated. Tourmaline cancels hair static, seal hair cuticles to lock in moisture, reduce frizz, and enhance shine. Take a look at the T3’s features.
- Breaks down water’s micro molecules to dry hair faster and smoothens hair cuticles.
- Patented T3 Tourmaline® infusion process has the capability to emit negative ions as well as infrared heat for healthier and faster hair drying.
- Its ceramic material allows infrared heat to heat hair evenly inside and out for longer-lasting results.
- T3 SoftAire™ technology delivers heat in an even cone for accelerated drying process.
- Its tourmaline concentrator directs airflow for more precise and enriched drying.
- The angled design of its ergonomic handles reduces the strain on the wrist for a comfortable grip while drying the hair.
- High durable motor ensures professional, high performance delivery of excellent drying power.
- Cool air will lock in various hairstyles to give them a smooth and sleek finish every time.
- With three settings for heat and two for speed to provide versatility in styling for all hair types.
- The two and a half inch tourmaline barrel-type brush not only styles hair but reduces hair frizz as well as boosts its shine and gloss.
- Professional-length, nine feet power cord makes it effortless to dry hair even when moving around, standing or sitting.
- Its lightweight design is balanced to give greater comfort to the user without compromising its functionality.
- It comes with a two year warranty as well as repair options, telephone support, and comprehensive coverage.
- Recipient of the “Best of Beauty” award in Allure magazine’s Big Breakthroughs and Best Blow-Dryer for 2013.
Pros and Cons
The T3 Featherweight hair dryer has been clinically proven to dry hair faster by as much as 75% than other similar products in its class. Because of its innovative SoftAire™ it has the capability to generate a larger air volume and releases it at optimal speed and temperature. It not only dries hair faster but does it safely without drying it out and causing hair breakage or split ends.
Drying time is significantly reduced to give you more time to do other things instead of spending most of it holding a hair dryer. Because the T3 dryer has a unique ion generator, more ions are released to work on increasing your hair’s body and shine by as much as 93% and 21%, respectively, and hair’s styling retention is enhanced by at least 52%.
Unlike other hair dryers that are coated with tourmaline, the T3 Featherweight hair dryer has its tourmaline mixed into the internal components. This patented process of T3 Tourmaline® infusion involves crushing tourmaline into fine powder, infusing it as the product is manufactured. Other hair dryers have tourmaline sprayed on them only as a coating which easily wears off.
The T3 Featherweight 2 helps protect your hair from excessive heat, not only by sealing in its moisture while drying, but eliminating the static that causes frizz and simultaneously enhancing hair shine. Although it takes only several minutes to dry hair with it, your wrist will not experience any strain just the same because of the ergonomically-designed handle of the T3.
With the T3 blow dryer you have a choice of drying your hair with either hot or cool air which makes a big difference. For summer, drying your hair with the latter option is preferred while in winter, you can use the former option. Additionally, this T3 model doesn’t burn or fry hair. By drying hair quickly, there’s just no time for heat to be excessively applied.
Some T3 hair dryer reviews have reported that they found the control buttons inconveniently located and this made it difficult for them to use the product. Others reported that they didn’t agree with the product being “lightweight.” Other customers consider price of the T3 dryer expensive.
What Customers Say About the Product
Based on T3 hair dryer reviews, most customers gave the product the highest Amazon rating of five stars. While a few of these customers gave the T3 one star rating each, the favorable reviews of the product far outweighed the “cons” submitted about it. In fact, the “cons” of the T3 were considered minor and subjective depending on a customer’s particular perspective.
The best uses for the T3 blow dryer would be most suitable for:
- Thick, wavy or curly hair that needs to be straightened while being dried.
- Curly hair because the T3 can eliminate the frizz.
- Thin hair which required volume and fullness.
- Busy individuals who need to dry their hair quickly.
- Those who often travel because the T3 hair dryer is lightweight.
- Users who are willing to pay a little extra for a hairstyling tool.
If your particular need falls into one or two of the categories listed above, then the T3 Featherweight luxe 2i is a must-buy for you. Notwithstanding the price, this T3 is worth the investment when you consider its numerous outstanding features.