Before anything else, you need to understand that “ionic” as used commonly in the hair style industry refers to negative ions. Ions are atoms which have either a negative or positive electrical charge, similar to magnets that attract opposite charges. Damaged hair has a positive charge which keeps its follicles dried out, open, and brittle; this condition is due to chemicals such as hair color and heated metal styling tools with static electricity that are applied to the hair.
Negative ions close hair follicles as well as smoothen the shaft of the hair by neutralizing its charge. Negative ions are produced by flat irons are made of ceramic and several materials such as titanium and tourmaline help boost the strength of their output power. Professional flat iron plates like those of HSI flat iron hair straighteners are made of pure ceramic.
Different Materials Used to Make Flat Irons
A majority of flat irons available on the market are made of titanium or aluminum coated with layers of ceramic which have been previously “baked.” Pure ceramic is softer than the kind reinforced by metal and more prone to crack during the manufacturing process and with rough handling.
Additionally, prolonged use chips or peels away the ceramic layers and exposes the metal to cause uneven heat to the plates; this results to hair damage such as split ends, dryness, and brittleness, among others.
Flat irons with plates of pure ceramic are typically expensive because they perform better, diffuse heat evenly, don’t chip or peel away even over a long period of lifetime use. Furthermore, a pure ceramic flat iron such as the HSI professional flat iron, commands a high price because it is reinforced with a crystal known as tourmaline to emit more infrared and titanium, a metal of low density and high resistance to corrosion.
Features of the HSI Professional Hair Straightener
The HSI professional flat iron has the following features:
- Quick heating flash that distrubutes heat evenly.
- Within seconds, its “one touch” button gives off a heating capacity of 450°F.
- It has been designed ergonomically for additional control, grip, and performance.
- Its temperature can go from 140°F to 410°F to suit the requirement of any hair type or style.
- With “floating” plates which adjust to any hair type.
- The HSI hair straightener is capable of straightening, curling, and flipping hair into any style.
- Has a convenient dual voltage of both 110 volts and 240 volts.
- Comes with a temperature control displayed on digital LCD.
- Has a solid, 1¼-inch ceramic ionic plate reinforced by tourmaline.
- Gives off ceramic heat with advanced technology using infrared.
- Has a swivel power cord with a 360° capacity to prevent it from twisting.
- Has fully automatic sleep and shut off modes.
- The 7-inch power cord has a circuit breaker that is built-in.
- This HSI straightener provides fast results and is convenient to use.
- Comes with several freebies: a pair of heat-resistant gloves, a small bottle of Argan oil, and a travel pouch to put everything it.
Pros and Cons
- The HSI professional flat iron product appears and performs exactly as it is advertised.
- Cuts styling time considerably.
- No “burning” or odd smell of hair that usually comes during straightening, curling or styling even when the setting is on high, for instance, like 430°F.
- Does not dry the hair even with regular use. So if this is a problem you have with other flat irons, you won’t have the same problem with the HSI flat iron.
- Manages to reach the hair roots to keep the frizzies away for a longer period of time.
- Quickly cools down after use so storing it in its pouch is more convenient.
- The free bottle of Argan oil gives hair the final shining, silky, and smooth touch.
- Very affordable price.
- Hair looks professionally-done with the use of the HSI flat iron similar to the result from a salon hairstylist’s service.
- Has two buttons for reset on the plug as an added safety precaution.
- There is practically no drawback to this product.
What Customers are Saying about the Product
More than half of the 7,003 HSI flat iron reviews from customers who have purchased the product gave it a 5-star Amazon rating.
Even the most discriminating customers who bought the product were all satisfied. The product’s affordability may not even be a primary factor in the purchase of the HSI professional flat iron because of its excellent performance and quality overall features. Even customers who have sensitive hair reviewed the product favorably because they don’t have to use a high heat setting in order to obtain the desired results.
Should You Buy the HSI Professional 1 Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener?
Would the product be a good buy for you? Based on the overwhelming satisfaction experienced by customers who purchased and reviewed the product, yes, it would be a good buy, especially for those who have stubborn, often unmanageable, frizzy or uncontrollably wavy hair. This product, as mentioned, will perform as advertised; and it is highly recommended for African-American and Asian hair.
Such hair types tend to be coarse and porous and more susceptible to moisture loss and sustain more damage from heat. The former usually requires using a high end hair straightener for more protection for their strands. The HSI Professional 1 Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener is ideal for all hair types but especially so for Asian and African-American hair. If you are looking to buy a good quality hair straightener, you can’t go wrong with the HSI Professional 1 flat iron hair straightener. It’s one of the best hair straightening tools in the market right now.
You Won’t Believe the Huge Savings on the HSI Professional at Amazon – Click Here to Save Big Right Now!