Did you know that in the past, women ironed their hair using a real clothes iron? Such a thing is unheard of in developed countries today. It may work but it also puts your hair at very high risk of damage. Besides, it’s very inconvenient. So it’s really a good thing that there are now flat irons specifically for the hair, and one excellent example is the Fhi Heat Platform Hair Styling Iron.
This Fhi flat iron is a popular choice for women who want to invest in a high quality hair styling tool but it also comes with a high price tag. So the question is, is it worth buying when you can easily purchase other flat irons that cost less than half its price? Let’s find out.
FHI Heat Platform Specifications and Features
This product is made by Fhi, a reputable brand in the professional hairdressing industry. The man behind the brand is Shauky Gulamani, a creative and talented genius who himself was a hair dresser and salon owner before embarking to become a successful entrepreneur.
Fhi specializes in high-end hairstyling tools ranging from $50 to as high as $500 per product. The Fhi platform series flat iron is one of their best-selling line, and it belongs to their mid-end category of styling tools. Our review focuses on the FHI Brands Heat Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Professional Hair Styling Iron and the following are its features:
- It is designed for professional hairstyling. Using this tool assures you that you’ll have great-looking curls, waves and volume that will last all day.
- The temperature can be adjusted from 140F (lowest setting) to 450F. That means you can choose your preferred heat level. If you’re worried about damaging your hair, you can pick the lowest level but if you have thick, stubborn and coarse hair, you can go as high as 450F.
- The Ceramic heater evenly distributes heat to achieve great results every time. It also offers high speed heat recovery.
- There are 3 layers of ceramic plates that have been infused with tourmaline. This technology is the preferred combination for flat irons and curling wands because ceramic glides through the hair without any friction and it is also able to heat up quickly and evenly. Tourmaline, on the other hand, aids in the process of smoothening the hair. It produces negative ions that neutralize the positive ions in damaged or dry hair. So as a result, you get lustrous and shiny hair. The negative ions in tourmaline also locks in moisture, reduce frizz and prevent static in the hair.
- You can create several styles with the curved design and beveled plates of this tool. The ceramic plates come with silicone suspension that enables you to go from super straight hair to sexy curls any time you want.
- It is equipped with Fhi’s exclusive Proprietary Nano-Fuzeion technology, low EMF, and Gentle Far Infrared Heat so that hair remains healthy and shiny even with regular use.
Pros and Cons
- Among the advantages of choosing this Fhi platform flat iron is that you’re assured of great results when you use it.
- It works so well that you can have the style you want in just one pass. While Fhi never categorized this as a one-pass straightener or curler, it actually seems that way because of the even distribution of heat and its ability to maintain the heat level.
- This product is also very durable and you don’t have to worry that it will break down after just a few months of use.
- Finally, this tool is gentle on the hair. It is equipped with the Gentle Far Infrared Heat and it also has tourmaline so the hair won’t get damaged but will instead become shiny and silky smooth when you use it.
On the other hand, it’s not without issues. First off, it’s not cheap. You can find hair straightening and curling irons that cost so much less so if you’re on a limited budget, this might not be for you.
What Do Customers Say About It?
The product has garnered lots of positive reviews on Amazon and has achieved an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars with a total of 193 reviews. Majority of the FHI flat iron reviews for this product have rated it 5 stars. They’re quite happy with their purchase. Some customers even said that they prefer their Fhi heat flat iron over other more expensive tools like Chi because it works just as well as costs less than the other high-end hairstyling brands.
Many of the reviewers mentioned that their hair became shinier after using this tool and they’re quite happy with its ability to heat up really fast so they don’t have to waste time getting their hair done. And because it distributes and maintains heat evenly, they can have the hairstyle they want everyday without worrying about being late for work or school. To add to that, their hairstyle can last all day long too.
Should You Buy It?
Each person has different hair styling needs. But if you’re looking for a high quality, professional-grade device that can straighten and curl your hair effectively and without exerting too much effort, the Platform PLUS Ionic Tourmaline Ceramic Professional Hair Styler might be for you. It costs more than other products that have similar features however it is very durable and it works great. With this tool, you will get salon-results at home!